Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oh wow!

OK, let me share how this got started. I have had several friends encouraging me to pick up writing again, but I have had so many thoughts swirling through this head that I didn't even know where to begin. Also, life has been incredibly busy, and I haven't had much time.

Yesterday morning, a friend wrote and asked me to be a guest poster on her blog. I decided that I needed to just sit down, and let all these thoughts "tumble out" in order to clear my head, and prepare for a concise, logical essay on Titus 2 and the single woman.

The previous post was just that: a mass of jumbled thoughts that have been swirling through my head like the clothes in my front loading washer. Little bits and pieces of a thought emerging to the foreground for just a momentary flash before being swallowed back into the whole load...

I had NO IDEA of the response it would create. Before the day was through, I had many private messages. Messages from people struggling with infertility, loneliness (in marriage, in singleness, in divorce) people who are struggling because they feel that God is calling them to take a step that those around will not understand, and for which they will be judged... men, women, a few young people...

I need to make a few things clear here.

1) I am NO expert. I don't have a degree in Bible, counseling, psychology. I am hard headed, and tend to have to learn my lessons the hard way. I'm just a simple gal, who has struggled, and will continue to struggle to live a life that is pleasing to God.

2) I don't have the answers, but I know the One who does. The path to contentment is different for each of us. I cannot tell you what to do... Honestly... I was asked by a friend, "Tell me how you got to where you are. I want what you have." Well, at times I am baffled by it myself. I didn't "get here." God put me here. My focus had long been on TRYING to find contentment in singleness. I was TRYING. One day, I gave up. Instead of focusing on being single, and on finding contentment, I began to focus on the Lord, my spiritual journey, and others. Somehow... I no longer had time to think about being single. I was too busy, but... a joyful "busyness"

There is no way that I am going to be able to respond to everyone individually. As time permits, I will post my experiences of how God has gently led this wayward lamb, and taught me to trust in His goodness. My path will not be yours, but if an honest recounting of my journey helps you in any way, then it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment